1608 – Ontario Re-Opening Continues – Step 2
As announced recently, Ontario will move to Step 2 of the re-opening plan a few days earlier than anticipated because of the encouraging numbers of vaccination rates for first and second jabs. This will trigger a twenty-one (21) day countdown to the re-opening of Step 3, subject to no new variants entering the province.
Both cGaming and Bingo venues are included in Step 3. The only unknown currently is capacity limits, and we are seeking clarification as quickly as possible. We realize this is an important element to individual member’s planning process to re-open.
We are encouraging our members to begin their re-opening plan as quickly as possible so that we are prepared and ready to open our venues at and on the announced date. We would remind members of some quick tips in building back capacity.
Building Back Capacity [Quick-Tips]
- Review all Health Protocols
- Make changes where required
- Check-in with your local Health Authority
- Communication with Team Members (Staff)
- Confirm they are willing and able to return to work when called
- Ensure individual AGCO Registration status
- Update and refresh Play-Smart protocols – Red Flag refresher
- Engage and inform [AGCO & OLG]
- Measured and Focused
- Marketing and promotional campaign
- Customers will accept a once in a generation ‘change’ factor
- Re-balance Bingo Programmes
- Structure/pricing/prizing strategies
- It will be about the experience and events
- Social and engaging
- Something different that will appeal
- Social and fun
- More than a Bingo Centre
- Community-based entertainment venues
We are encouraging a gradual and measured rebuild to consumer offerings, while we collectively see the consumers response. We must ensure we continue to have the business in scale and not undertake high expenses without the opportunity to build revenue. This will be a learning curve for all of us.
This re-engagement offers a unique opportunity for real and lasting change which we believe, when managed and communicated correctly, will be accepted by the consumers. Let’s not lose the opportunity to reposition and recalibrate the consumer experience.
We encourage all members to remain in close contact, communicate and engage with our OLG cGaming Relationship Advisor[s] and our AGCO Inspector[s] as we frame our re-opening plans. Both Crown Agencies are here to assist and help as we move forward.