1373 – Revitalization of Charitable Gaming - Presentation
On Wednesday, the 5th April 2017, the Commercial Gaming Association of Ontario and Ontario Charitable Gaming Association played host with other partners of the Revitalization of Charitable Gaming to celebrate a major achievement in the life of this important initiative.
- $C150 Million generated for Charites and Non-Profit Groups
- 1,800 Charities and Non-Profit Groups engaged in the Initiative
- 20,000 active volunteers contributing to the initiative
- 31 Charitable (Community) Gaming Centres
- 26 Municipalities hosting these venues
- 1,800 employees working within the sector generating new jobs
- $C49 Million of Private Sector investment and climbing
This event was held at Queen’s Park - Legislature Main Building. Joining members of Commercial Operators, Charities, OLG representatives and AGCO representatives were 26 MPPs from around the province to see the Minister of Finance, Hon. Charles Sousa, receive the cheque for 150 Million Dollars. This year the province of Ontario celebrates its 150th year since becoming a province with Canada.
This is a remarkable achievement by any standard, to have the Crown, Communities and Commerce working so closely together to maximize their mutual goals. It was tremendous to share this occasion with our primary partners OCGA, OLG, and AGCO as we presented Minister Sousa with a very large cheque.
We must not forget that this moment doesn’t occur without the tremendous hard work undertaken by numerous people. I would therefore like to thank Mr. Rick Gray and c-Gaming Team, Mr. Tom Mungham and the AGCO, the municipalities where we are operating, Ms. Lynn Cassidy and the OCGA Members and finally the people that make all this possible, the CUSTOMERS.
A very good evening was had by all and long may it continue and strengthen as we go forward.